Friday, July 06, 2007

What's Wrong with Style Weekly?

clipped from www.google.com

Style Weekly : Richmond's alternative for news, arts, culture and ...

This site may harm your computer.
Style Weekly is Richmond's alternative for news, arts, culture and opinion.
www.styleweekly.com/ - Jul 5, 2007 - Similar pages
 blog it


Richmond's alternative weekly website could be bad news. Well that's what Google tells me.

You may know that when you search on Google and they return a site, they'll tell you if there's a good chance you'll be infected with malicious software. (Read more here)

I dunno why I googled Style instead of entering the site directly. But I did. And now I know. And knowing is half the battle.

Update: Another Richmond blogger, Rick Whittington, noticed the same thing a few days ago. (Only with screen shots!)

One of the commenters said she went to the site and her "virus protection went wacky". She won't go back to the site until she reads it was fixed in either Style's dead tree edition or the Times-Dispatch. I was thinking the same thing. But you know how in those dumb horror movies a character goes back into a house to confront a killer and you just know they'll die but it wouldn't be much of a movie if they used some sense and just ran as fast as they could? Well, I have this urge to go to the site anyways.

Can't explain it. Maybe I've been using Firefox too long. And why do I have a major case of shadenfreunde?

UPDATE: I don't see that warning anymore from Google so I guess the problem is fixed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home